In this challenging position, you are responsible for product and application development
Wavin Technology & Innovation
One of the strategic pillars within Wavin is Innovation. Wavin T&I is responsible to lead the international group innovations by linking market needs with technical knowledge. In this process, significant effort is put into gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for our customers.
The starting point for most of the innovations is plastics, but also products in metals or composites are developed.
Wavin T&I has an open culture and innovations are the results of multi-disciplinary teamwork, passion and drive for results. A strong asset base supports the effective and efficient Product and Process innovation process, e.g. Injection moulding machines, extrusion lines, product testing facilities, material characterization laboratories and a prototype workshop.
Wavin T&I has a good track record with respect to innovations that impact the industry. Examples are: Q-Bic®, Q-Bic plus®, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold fitting range, Wavin Sitech+, Wavin AS, Tegra® Inspection chambers and Wavin Certaro® products to filter and separate rain water.
In this challenging position, you are responsible for product and application development while providing expertise in the full development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing of Surface Heating & Cooling systems.
You will integrate the customer needs into products in an innovative way based upon system thinking, research on comfort and how to deliver this. You will design, execute engineering and develop the product(s) till production implementation. Furthermore, you will work with other disciplines within the Wavin organization, suppliers and manufacturing sites. The business context will be provided by regular contact with international commercial teams. You will hierarchically report to the Technology & Development Manager and functionally to the Project Leader Surface Heating & Cooling.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Design and develop new products based on market requirements; state of the art research and creative application of technologies;
• Further improve existing products to enhance user experiences;
• Perform thermodynamic analysis;
• Develop and improve analytical tools to support these functions;
• Develop and approve procedures and plans for thermodynamic test programs;
• Cooperate with all kind of external partners and customers;
• Prepare of prototypes and revise product designs;
• Support product and application tests;
• Continuously feed the Surface Heating & Cooling business with knowledge & ideas in the application field.
• Bachelor degree in Applied Physics or associated degree;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with indoor climate systems like underfloor heating/cooling, climate ceilings, boilers, central heating, controlled mechanical ventilation;
• Wide interest in technologies and able to cooperate with international colleagues in different application areas;
• Knowledge in thermodynamic engineering;
• Project Management skills;
• Self-starter, hands-on, creative, flexible and pro-active;
• Fluent in English;
• Experience with Solidworks.
A challenging and broad position in an international environment. Growth and career possibilities within the Mexichem organization. You will work with an enthusiastic and professional team in an informal, no-nonsense culture. We offer a comprehensive benefit package.
For more information, please contact Ing. Jordy Coerts, consultant at HÆD (038) 420 3900 or email@example.com, who is coordinating this procedure for Wavin Technology & Innovation.
You can apply for this function at www.haed.nl.
Solliciteer op deze functie